07 Oct Migrating to Channelize.io from your old Chat service3 min read
Channelize.io is the best user-to-user In-App Chat and Calling platform with API & SDKs that can be easily integrated into your website and mobile applications. Hence, many applications have chosen to move from other Chat API providers to Channelize.io.
To facilitate this transition smoothly, we have easy and robust migration and syncing processes in place.
Thinking if migrating with your own data is as easy as a fresh setup?
Get started with Channelize.io powered chat using your own data in an easy and fast way. And this entire migration will happen with Zero downtime.
Once the data is imported to Channelize.io, your users can engage using Channelize.io powered chat. As Single-Sign-On with Channelize.io authentication system is the most important aspect of Channelize.io integration, data import involves importing:
- Existing Conversations & Messages (if any)
- Contact / Connection relationships between users, and blocked lists
If you’re curious to know what all features and capabilities you’ll get with Channelize.io chat, check out our full-fledged features list.
Please find below the steps to migrate to Channelize.io services.
Step 1: Get your Channelize.io API Keys
- Signup to a Channelize.io paid plan, or start a 30-days free trial (No credit card required) from here: https://channelize.io/free_trial/request .
- Create an Application after successful signup.
- Get your API Keys from the dashboard of your Channelize.io application.
Step 2: Connect to Synchronization Server
- Connect your old chat application (the one without Channelize.io) with our Synchronization Server API to forward messages and other activities like user signup, add/remove connection, etc to the Channelize.io server (The full reference will be provided to you on reaching out to our team when you’re ready for migration).
Step 3: Data Export & Import
- Export your users, conversations, and messages from the existing chat service in the form of JSON files. See here for the format of JSON files: https://docs.channelize.io/platform-api-migration/.
- Reach out to us at email@example.com, with the following details:
- The exported data files
- Private Key of your Channelize.io application
- Callback URL for capturing notification of migration completion (more details in Step #4 below).
- The provided data files will be validated by our team according to the rules described in the Channelize.io Developer Doc. If validation passes, we’ll proceed with running the data import script on your Channelize.io application.
Step 4: Synchronization Server Data Migration, Disabling it and Go Live
- Once the import is completed, we’ll migrate the data from our Synchronization Server database (mentioned above in Step #2) into the primary database of your Channelize.io application.
- After data migration we will invoke the Callback URL provided by you in Step #3, which will notify you about the migration completion. Here, you have to now stop your application / server from sending data to our Synchronization Server API, and instead, now start using the respective Channelize.io APIs and services.
- Forward all activities, and if you have an old messaging system in your applications then its messages too, to Channelize.io by using Channelize.io API.
- Release force upgrade of your old applications to the new ones with Channelize.io, OR, Forward messages and other activities of Channelize.io to the old version of your applications by using Channelize.io webhooks.
Congratulations, you now have the new Channelize.io powered real-time user-to-user Chat enabled in your application in just a few hours with zero downtime and no data loss. Enjoy the new messaging in your application!
Callback URL for Channelize.io
This URL would be created in the backend of your application and will be configured in your Channelize.io Dashboard over here: App Settings > Security Settings.
Private-Key: PRIVATE_KEY (YOUR_PRIVATE_KEY)
Status code: 200
Body:  (Blank Array)
Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you’re ready to migrate from your old Chat provider to Channelize.io. We’ll be happy to assist you in the stages above.