Introducing Messages Reactions ---- 2 min read
In our previous product update announcement, we talked about all the new features and capabilities we’ve released in our platform. Public Group Chats and Reactions were the most prominent roll-outs in that.
In this article, we’ll dig deeper into Message Reactions and how this will help you in making real-time messaging more engaging for your application users irrespective of the use-case you want to achieve.
What are Message Reactions?
In Chat, not every message requires a long message in response. Many times messages require quick acknowledgment or expressive reactions. Message Reactions are a quick and effortless way to respond to any message in a chat, which often replaces the need for follow-up messages or replies. Users get a simple way to express their sentiments for messages.
For example, if someone shares a photo of their cute pet, you could respond with the love reaction. Or, if someone is trying to coordinate a weekend outing plan, you could easily respond with a thumbs up or thumbs down reaction to indicate your preferences. Or, if yours is an Online Events Platform or Webinar, then you can collect Votes over Questions asked in Chat via Thumbs-up or down.
Popular Social Networks provide Reactions in their Activity Feeds, and popular Chat Applications in their Chat. They are a very effective way for expressions, and increasing engagement.
In a nutshell, with Message Reactions feature of Channelize.io:
- Users can “React” to messages by tapping on the “Add Reaction” icon and choosing the appropriate emoji. They’re very simple to use.
- Once a user adds their reaction, it gets grouped with other reactions under that message. A user can only add one reaction per message and can also update it.
- Channelize.io SDKs and UI Kits allow configuring a different set of reactions per conversation. Hence, for each conversation, reactions can be enabled / disabled and different emojis can be defined.
- It’s very easy to set reactions from our Chat UI Kits.
- Users will get push notifications when someone reacts to their message.
Some Popular Use-cases
- Niche online communities where users use message reactions to express themselves in 1-to-1 and Group Chats.
- Q&A in Online Events where users can upvote or downvote a message or a question asked in Public Chat. For such conversations, only 2 Emojis of Thumbs-up and Thumbs-down can be configured, which would act as Up-voting & Down-voting.
- Marketplace chats where there are a large number of to-and-fro messaging happening between service providers and customers.
- Dating chats where expressions make a strong impact!
How to Integrate Messages Reactions?
1. Using Platform APIs
2. Using JS SDK
3. Using Pre-built Angular UI Kit
4. Using iOS API SDK
NOTE: We’ll be rolling out support for Message Reactions in our ReactJS Chat UI Kit, React Native Chat UI Kit, and Android Chat SDKs very soon. You can also achieve this functionality in these UI Kits using our API and SDKs.
To stay updated about our news, please follow us at our below handles:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChannelizeIO
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/channelize-io/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ChannelizeIO
Got questions about any of our new features, or roadmap? Please drop a note from our Live Chat, or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org .